
Title and statement of responsibility area
Title proper
Luther Marsh Feature
General material designation
- Graphic material
Level of description
Item
Reference code
Dates of creation area
Date(s)
Physical description area
Physical description
1 photograph : b&w copy negative ; 8 x 10 cm
Archival description area
Name of creator
Biographical history
The Kitchener-Waterloo Record began with the publication of the Daily News of Berlin on February 9, 1878 and was the first daily paper in the area. It was published by Peter Moyer. Over the years it had several names and publishers: in January of 1897 it ... »
Notes area
Availability of other formats
Scanned as TIF file October 2021.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Public Domain
General note
53-4966_004, 53-4966_005 and photo missing from envelope [no suitable substitutes] appeared on Page 15 of the Saturday, February 7, 1953 edition of the newspaper as part of the article: " Strip Wood Off Oozy Luther Bog".
General note
Photo caption from published version of 53-4966_004: "ABANDONED - The commission bought up a number of farms from owners who were flooded or partially flooded out after the dam was erected. This fine set of farm buildings on the sixth line of West Luther ... »
General note
Photo caption from published version of 53-4966_005: "BIG WOODPILE - A crew of 40 is stripping the wood from the Luther Marsh above the flow of the recently completed Luther Dam. Hundreds of cords of firewood, fence posts and saw logs will bring the ... »
Access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Grand River Conservation Commission (Subject)