Item 64-1734_001 - Smiles & Chuckles Plant

Original Digital object not accessible

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Smiles & Chuckles Plant

General material designation

  • Graphic material

Level of description

Item

Reference code

SCA98-GA68-1964-64-1734-64-1734_001

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

Physical description area

Physical description

6 photographs : b&w negatives ; 6 x 6 cm

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Kitchener-Waterloo Record began with the publication of the Daily News of Berlin on February 9, 1878 and was the first daily paper in the area. It was published by Peter Moyer. Over the years it had several names and publishers: in January of 1897 it ... »

Notes area

Availability of other formats

Envelope scanned as TIF files November 2018

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Public domain

General note

Factory located at Weber Street and Cameron Street, Kitchener; demolished in 1975.
Factory was formerly the Hamblin & Metcalfe Candy Factory, which was founded in 1915. After the Second World War it became Smiles 'N Chuckles.

Access points

Genre access points

Related people and organizations

Related genres