Title and statement of responsibility area
Title proper
Berlin Post Office, ca. 1929?, east side of Queen St. at Charles, Razed in 1945.
Level of description
File
Reference code
Dates of creation area
Date(s)
Physical description area
Physical description
2 copy photographs : b&w ; 12 x 15 cm and 8 x 10 cm
Archival description area
Name of creator
Biographical history
The Kitchener-Waterloo Record began with the publication of the Daily News of Berlin on February 9, 1878 and was the first daily paper in the area. It was published by Peter Moyer. Over the years it had several names and publishers: in January of 1897 it ... »
Scope and content
Copy prints of old photograph, one [GA92-9-25_002] with a partially visible annotation at bottom right and the other [GA92-9-25_001] cropped with a hand drawn chimney added to building.
Notes area
Availability of other formats
Scanned as TIF files 2018.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Public Domain
General note
GA92-9-25_001 was reproduced on Page 66 of the June 22, 1967 edition of the newspaper, title Canada's Centennial.
General note
Photo caption from published 1967 version of GA92-9-25_001: "EARLY POST OFFICE - Mail was dispatched from this frame building long before the turn of the century. Razed in the 1940s, the building stood on the east side of Queen Street at Charles Street."